In the Summer Term 2019, our students, our parents, our staff, The Academy Quality Council and The Prospect Trust considered what a “Tomlinscote student should look like in 2022” and what core values are important for the school.
Five Core Values stood out and these are now at the heart of everything we do at the school. These Core Values are:
- EXCELLENCE – To aspire to excellence in everything. Students strive to go above and beyond what they think they are capable of.
- COMMUNITY – To be proud to belong to a school where everyone is valued and has a positive influence on the wider community.
- PERSEVERANCE – To have a growth mindset where students see things through even when it may be difficult. Students are determined and confident to take risks in order to challenge themselves.
- CHARACTER – To develop a “strong sense of self” where students are confident of whom they are. Students show kindness, integrity and respect to other individuals.
- PROGRESSION – To ensure that students have the skills and knowledge to progress successfully for further education, employment and the wider society.
The House system was developed in 2019 and each House represents one of these Values.
Our Year 7 students strive to achieve the “T5 Award”. They are required to demonstrate the 5 Core Values throughout the year by activities/actions inside or outside of school.
The Core Values are highlighted within the Year 7 Enrichment lesson and through our Year Group and House Assemblies. House points can also be linked to a specific Core Value as well.