Pupil Premium & Year 7 Catch up
All schools receive additional Pupil Premium (PP) funding for students on roll who fall within the following categories:
- students eligible for free school meals
- students who have been eligible for free school meals any time within the past six years
- looked after children
- children who have been adopted from care or who have entered into special guardianship
- children who have a residence order
Pupil Premium funding is used to support these students as required and may also be used at the discretion of the school to support students who do not fall into the categories listed above.
In addition, schools receive Service Pupil Premium (SPP) funding under the following criteria:
- one parent is a serving member of the armed forces (regular or full time reserve service)
- the student has been registered as a ‘service child’ on a school census since 2016
- a pension is received under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the War Pensions Scheme.
Please ensure the school are aware if you fall under any of the SPP categories.
Further information regarding Pupil Premium and Service Pupil Premium funding can be found in the links below.