Creative Digital Media
Statement of Curriculum Intent
Creative Media Production students will work in both a theoretical and practical way to understand the different aspects of media in a vocational style setting. Students will explore how media products are created and have the opportunity to develop their own interest in moving image through research, observation and practical exploration.
- They will be able to confidently analyse, evaluate and articulate their understanding of media sectors, franchises and products using media-based vocabulary based on written work and discussion
- They will understand why moving images are created and how they show meaning to the audience through genre, codes, conventions, narrative, structure and representation.
- They will become adept in filming, editing, and producing a variety of different moving images considering style and genre.
- They will analyse and evaluate their own working practices and how these interlink to the professional world of media.
- They will learn to understand how ideas, opinion and experience generate starting points for media products, forming an integral part of the creative process.
- The students will be able to present a personal and creative response that realises their intentions, making meaningful connections between visual research, opinions and observations.