Child Development and Care
Statement of Curriculum Intent
Childcare students will develop understanding and awareness of child development, education and care. Students will be encouraged to explore issues surrounding the sector and make connections between theory and practice.
- They will be aware of the variety of childcare and education settings, their role and purpose through investigations of local settings.
- They will extend their understanding of equality and diversity and how this can apply within a childcare setting.
- They will develop an understanding of the role of the early years worker and their responsibilities.
- They will gain insight into learning styles and develop their study abilities.
- They will develop a holistic view of how children develop and what can affect them.
- They will be introduced to ways of observing children and apply their understanding to show how children will be supported.
Curious About the Curriculum?
Discover something new here.